Monday, October 15, 2012

Taylor Pledges To Stop Bullying

Taylor Pledges To Stop Bullying   


MILLBRAE, California- Taylor Middle School encourages students to pledge to stop bullying. On Monday, October 1, 2012, Taylor students all learned how to not be bystanders, to stop bullying, and help each other. Students at Taylor all have different opinions about bullying and cyberbullying. One student from Taylor said, "I think bullying is mean, offensive, and depressing. Bullying shouldn't be allowed and must be stopped. The victim should tell an adult to stop what is happening." Another student said, " Bullying is bad and it can really hurt someone's feelings." Bullying can be harmful in many ways. It could lead to depression, anxiety, or serious death. Students said, "Bullying is damaging and it could affect the person. The person may commit suicide and do other horrible things that could harm themselves."
Victims and bystanders are a huge part of bullying. One of the students I interviewed at Taylor that was a victim said, "In 3rd grade, I was a victim and I would always be bullied. The bully would make fun of me and I felt scared. I didn't say anything because I was afraid they would hurt me." Being a bystander is being a big part in the situation. A bystander at Taylor said, "I was a bystander in one situation and I watched what the bully did to the victim. The bully was trash talking to the victim. I didn't stand up for the victim because I thought that the bully was going to bully me too. Thankfully, a few minutes later, the bully went away. However, in the future, I plan to make a difference and stop the bullying instead of being a bystander." Instead of being bystanders, they can make a move and  can stop bullies from bullying. Don't stand by, stand up!

By: Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment